Woolbrook pupils stage art show at Kennaway House
Year Six pupils from St Nicholas Junior School display paintings they created of people in Sidmouth
YEAR six pupils from St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, are displaying paintings they created of people in Sidmouth at Kennaway House.
The youngsters undertook research in the town centre for literacy and topic work on America, using text from Jamaica Louise James, a story about an eight-year-old artist who shows how to give a gift from the heart.
They took photographs of people in the town, then recreated their own artwork.
“The school asked if they could display their results here,” said Kennaway House manager Liz Halls, “and they pictures went on display yesterday (Thursday).”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is on today (Friday) and Monday and Tuesday, February 21/22 in the Hatton Wood room.
Entrance is free and the pictures are not for sale.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 6 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 7 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Time to enjoy summer safely as restrictions lifts
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables