Woolbrook pupils stage art show at Kennaway House
Year Six pupils from St Nicholas Junior School display paintings they created of people in Sidmouth
YEAR six pupils from St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, are displaying paintings they created of people in Sidmouth at Kennaway House.
The youngsters undertook research in the town centre for literacy and topic work on America, using text from Jamaica Louise James, a story about an eight-year-old artist who shows how to give a gift from the heart.
They took photographs of people in the town, then recreated their own artwork.
“The school asked if they could display their results here,” said Kennaway House manager Liz Halls, “and they pictures went on display yesterday (Thursday).”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is on today (Friday) and Monday and Tuesday, February 21/22 in the Hatton Wood room.
Entrance is free and the pictures are not for sale.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride