Woolbrook pupils stage art show at Kennaway House
Year Six pupils from St Nicholas Junior School display paintings they created of people in Sidmouth
YEAR six pupils from St Nicholas Junior School, Woolbrook, are displaying paintings they created of people in Sidmouth at Kennaway House.
The youngsters undertook research in the town centre for literacy and topic work on America, using text from Jamaica Louise James, a story about an eight-year-old artist who shows how to give a gift from the heart.
They took photographs of people in the town, then recreated their own artwork.
“The school asked if they could display their results here,” said Kennaway House manager Liz Halls, “and they pictures went on display yesterday (Thursday).”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is on today (Friday) and Monday and Tuesday, February 21/22 in the Hatton Wood room.
Entrance is free and the pictures are not for sale.
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth