Workshops get youngsters moving
YOUNGSTERS will be encouraged to get moving at a workshop in Sidmouth.
The six-week series of movement play sessions begins on Monday at St Francis Church Hall, Woolbrook.
Children aged one to four will be taught new games, and take part in movement activities with their parents or carers. The aim is to build the youngsters’confidence and awareness, and trust between those taking part.
“It’s a time for children to do what they like and parents to be listening to them,” said movement play practitioner Zillah Harford, workshop co-ordinator.
Sidmouth’s Royal York and Faulkner Hotel has donated blankets for one of the games.
You may also want to watch:
“Children can have a go at giving the adults rides along the floor on the blankets, and vice versa,” said Zillah.
The money to run the course has come from Sidmouth Consolidated Charities. Sessions are free and last about 45 minutes. Places are limited, so to reserve a spot call (01297) 20542.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall