Young bookworms enjoy Sidford’s mobile library
A NEW generation of bookworms are enjoying their trip to a mobile library that visits Sidford every other Thursday.
Children from Sidford Playgroup have started using the free service and, says playgroup leader Caroline Vansittart, really enjoy the experience.
It was certainly smiling faces for our photographer Terry Ife when he photographed some of the youngsters and staff at the mobile library.
Caroline said: “It’s helped them to make choices for story time and helped to develop resources for our themed activities.
“It also encourages them to show other people using this service too. If it wasn’t for the library van coming, we wouldn’t have free access to this helpful and friendly service.”
You may also want to watch:
She said Mike, the library man, always welcomes the children on board the van.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out