Youngsters visit Sidmouth College kitchens
- Credit: Archant
Primary pupils worked up an appetite for life at Sidmouth College as they took to the kitchens last week.
The 90 students from Sidmouth Primary were supervised by eight Year 10 food technology prefects and teachers Julia Lee and Alison Kirsch for a spot of baking.
The youngsters got to make pizza, bread rolls and chocolate cup cakes, that they were able to take home to taste-test with their families.
Sidmouth Primary teacher Kate Watts said: “The children have all thoroughly enjoyed their afternoon of baking.
“It’s fantastic for them to have the opportunity to use specialist facilities that aren’t available at Sidmouth Primary.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lee added: “It’s lovely to see young students engaged in independent learning and really enjoying themselves.
“I hope they remain inspired to do more cooking at home.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 10 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand