Youngsters visit Sidmouth College kitchens
- Credit: Archant
Primary pupils worked up an appetite for life at Sidmouth College as they took to the kitchens last week.
The 90 students from Sidmouth Primary were supervised by eight Year 10 food technology prefects and teachers Julia Lee and Alison Kirsch for a spot of baking.
The youngsters got to make pizza, bread rolls and chocolate cup cakes, that they were able to take home to taste-test with their families.
Sidmouth Primary teacher Kate Watts said: “The children have all thoroughly enjoyed their afternoon of baking.
“It’s fantastic for them to have the opportunity to use specialist facilities that aren’t available at Sidmouth Primary.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lee added: “It’s lovely to see young students engaged in independent learning and really enjoying themselves.
“I hope they remain inspired to do more cooking at home.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open