EE hails improved 4G coverage for mobile phone users in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
UK’s largest mobile phone operator says it has made major investment
People in Sidmouth are now able to benefit from much-improved 4G mobile phone coverage following a major investment by EE, the UK’s largest mobile operator.
The town is one of the latest locations in the UK to be the subject of engineering work making it easier and quicker for people to get connected on their handsets.
With 4G and WiFi calling, EE says its customers can also make phone calls in more places than ever before.
Marc Allera, chief executive of EE, which is part of the BT Group,
You may also want to watch:
said: “This recent work in Sidmouth complements BT’s drive to improve broadband connectivity across the South West, where more than two million homes and businesses have access to fibre broadband thanks to BT’s commercial rollout and the company’s partnerships with the public sector.
Jon Reynolds, regional director for BT in the South West, said: “The switch-on of EE’s 4G network in any rural community is a hugely significant event and that’s definitely the case here in towns such as Sidmouth. There is a growing reliance on mobile devices to provide greater access to information and enable easier communication with customers, family and friends. Both local businesses and residents depend on them like never before and it’s great to see such investment taking place locally.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman