Elaine and Delphine raises �2,885 for Ottery and District Help Scheme
DYSFUNCTIONAL fictional duo Elaine and Delphine raised a whopping �2,885 for the Ottery and District Help Scheme.
DYSFUNCTIONAL fictional duo 'Elaine and Delphine' raised a whopping �2,885 for the Ottery and District Help Scheme.
Two sell-out nights of fun in Tipton St John, organised by play write pair Annie Haines and Janet Farrow (pictured), have given the Herald's CAMPAIGN 2010 its biggest boost yet.
The popular pair have continued the adult comic antics of Elaine and Delphine for 15 years with eight plays- all in aid of the Scheme.
The fundraising production at the end of April was their biggest yet and featured a raft of local talent.
Help Scheme co-ordinator Pat Lane said she was "absolutely thrilled", adding: "the cast were wonderful."
A youth concert at Ottery Parish Church on Saturday raised another �500 for the cause.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang