Election day in Sidmouth tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Residents in the West ward will go to the polls tomorrow (October 8) to fill a vacancy on Sidmouth Town Council.
Deirdre Hounsom and Matt Booth are vying for the position and to stand alongside councillors Louise Cole and John Rayson.
Mrs Hounsom is a qualified coach, a speaker, a charity trustee and a retired company director.
She moved to Sidmouth in 2007 and said she is standing as a truly independent candidate with no affiliations to any group or political party.
If elected, she said she will serve the community to ensure that Sidmouth is not spoilt by over-development.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Booth said he would like to see the town council ‘engaging more directly with district and county authorities in order to lobby for longer-term benefits for the town’.
He added that he would promote engagement with groups and businesses across the community, and across different generations.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
Residents of the West ward can vote at St Francis Church Hall from 7am to 10pm.