Election day in Sidmouth tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Residents in the West ward will go to the polls tomorrow (October 8) to fill a vacancy on Sidmouth Town Council.
Deirdre Hounsom and Matt Booth are vying for the position and to stand alongside councillors Louise Cole and John Rayson.
Mrs Hounsom is a qualified coach, a speaker, a charity trustee and a retired company director.
She moved to Sidmouth in 2007 and said she is standing as a truly independent candidate with no affiliations to any group or political party.
If elected, she said she will serve the community to ensure that Sidmouth is not spoilt by over-development.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Booth said he would like to see the town council ‘engaging more directly with district and county authorities in order to lobby for longer-term benefits for the town’.
He added that he would promote engagement with groups and businesses across the community, and across different generations.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
Residents of the West ward can vote at St Francis Church Hall from 7am to 10pm.