Election day in Sidmouth tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Residents in the West ward will go to the polls tomorrow (October 8) to fill a vacancy on Sidmouth Town Council.
Deirdre Hounsom and Matt Booth are vying for the position and to stand alongside councillors Louise Cole and John Rayson.
Mrs Hounsom is a qualified coach, a speaker, a charity trustee and a retired company director.
She moved to Sidmouth in 2007 and said she is standing as a truly independent candidate with no affiliations to any group or political party.
If elected, she said she will serve the community to ensure that Sidmouth is not spoilt by over-development.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Booth said he would like to see the town council ‘engaging more directly with district and county authorities in order to lobby for longer-term benefits for the town’.
He added that he would promote engagement with groups and businesses across the community, and across different generations.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Residents of the West ward can vote at St Francis Church Hall from 7am to 10pm.