Eleventh heaven on 11/11/11 for Sidford birthday gran Joy
GRANDMOTHER Joy Webb is today celebrating a unique feat – turning 99 on 11/11/11.
Sidford resident, Joy, lived through both World Wars and has always avoided celebrating her birthday with a party as it falls on Remembrance Day.
She said of today’s special occasion: “To have all the elevens is extraordinary.”
Joy, who turned six on Armistice Day in 1918, remembers it well.
“There were fireworks and I was scared by all the noise – but my mum said ‘it’s a Joy day’. I thought it was all for me.”
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never held any parties on November 11, as it’s a sad day.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon