Emergency callout after car overturns in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to Sidmouth’s Bulverton Road after a car overturned and the driver became trapped yesterday evening (Tuesday).
Town fire crews arrived to find police were already in attendance and freeing the woman from a vehicle, which was on its roof, after the call at 8.40pm.
The fire fighters assessed the casualty until paramedics arrived.
The woman was taken to hospital by land ambulance.
Police remained with the vehicle to arrange recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council issued a warning at 11pm that diesel had been spilled on the road and urged drivers to exercise caution while its workers clean it up.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out