Emergency closure planned for Temple Street
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An emergency closure will be carried out in Temple Street on Sunday (October 4).
The road will be closed between Sid Park Road and Ascerton Road from 7am until 11am to enable drainage survey investigations to be undertaken and for samples of the road structure to be taken.
Traffic will be diverted via All Saints Road, Station Road and Winslade Road.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council’s highways chief, said: “The investigations will explore the reasons for ponding of water on this section of road.
“Samples of the road structure will also be checked at our materials testing laboratory to see if it is in any way associated with the problems.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for your journey if you’re planning to travel at this time.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz