Emergency closure planned for Temple Street
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An emergency closure will be carried out in Temple Street on Sunday (October 4).
The road will be closed between Sid Park Road and Ascerton Road from 7am until 11am to enable drainage survey investigations to be undertaken and for samples of the road structure to be taken.
Traffic will be diverted via All Saints Road, Station Road and Winslade Road.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council’s highways chief, said: “The investigations will explore the reasons for ponding of water on this section of road.
“Samples of the road structure will also be checked at our materials testing laboratory to see if it is in any way associated with the problems.
You may also want to watch:
“Please allow extra time for your journey if you’re planning to travel at this time.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!