Emergency crews locate woman on Sidmouth seafront
- Credit: Archant
Emergency crews were dispatched to Sidmouth seafront in stormy conditions last night (August 2) after concerns were raised about a woman’s welfare.
The call came in at 8.50pm and a police spokeswoman said the force helicopter was called but it was unable to attend due to the weather conditions.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was about to launch in ‘extremely challenging’ conditions but was put on standby.
Police officers located the woman at about 9.30pm and she was left in the care of healthcare professionals.
A Sidmouth Lifeboat spokesman said: “As the rig was exiting the boathouse ready to launch in what would have been extremely challenging conditions, with large waves, breaking surf and increasing darkness, Solent Coastguard asked the lifeboat to stand by.
You may also want to watch:
“A team was also made ready with the surf rescue system and searchlights to assist from the shore.
“Incident then thankfully confirmed resolved and lifeboat crew stood down.”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Beer Coastguard was also paged but was stood down en route.