Emergency crews locate woman on Sidmouth seafront
- Credit: Archant
Emergency crews were dispatched to Sidmouth seafront in stormy conditions last night (August 2) after concerns were raised about a woman’s welfare.
The call came in at 8.50pm and a police spokeswoman said the force helicopter was called but it was unable to attend due to the weather conditions.
Sidmouth Lifeboat was about to launch in ‘extremely challenging’ conditions but was put on standby.
Police officers located the woman at about 9.30pm and she was left in the care of healthcare professionals.
A Sidmouth Lifeboat spokesman said: “As the rig was exiting the boathouse ready to launch in what would have been extremely challenging conditions, with large waves, breaking surf and increasing darkness, Solent Coastguard asked the lifeboat to stand by.
You may also want to watch:
“A team was also made ready with the surf rescue system and searchlights to assist from the shore.
“Incident then thankfully confirmed resolved and lifeboat crew stood down.”
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Ottery St Mary sadly lose a club legend
Beer Coastguard was also paged but was stood down en route.