Emergency services called out to Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A man was reported to have suffered head and back injuries today (Friday June 23).
Emergency services were called out to Sidmouth after a reports a man suffered head and back injuries.
Coastguard, air ambulance and paramedics responded to the call shortly after 11.22am.
The air ambulance landed at Jacobs Ladder to assist the man.
A Beer Coastguard crewman said the man apparently slipped before being taken to hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance spokesman said: “One male casualty with a head and back injury. We attended with one rapid response vehicle, one ambulance and the air ambulance. The casualty was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital by road.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead