Emergency services called to collision in Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Archant
Fire, police and paramedics are on the scene after a reported three car collision this morning (Friday). Roads have been closed.
Emergency services have closed the road between the Halfway Inn and the Exeter side of Newton Poppleford following a three vehicle collision.
Fire, paramedics and police are currently on the scene after reports of a collision shortly after 8.30am this morning.
A police spokeswoman said the incident has occurred on Exeter Road just before Four Elms Hill.
She said: “There are two walking and one person trapped. An elderly man in the car reported to be conscious and breathing. Fuel leaking from two vehicles and highways have been called.
You may also want to watch:
“The road has been closed at the mini roundabout and the road is completely blocked. The road is closed the Newton Poppleford end, buses have been informed and the road closed near the Halfway Inn.”
More to follow.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge