Emergency services on scene at accident near Beer
- Credit: Archant
An elderly female driver has been trapped in a car following a single vehicle collision. Emergency services are on the scene and a road closure is in place.
Emergency services are currently on the scene after a car ended up hedge near Beer.
A police spokeswoman said the single vehicle collision occurred shortly after 2pm and involved a Skoda Yeti.
Paramedics, air ambulance, police and fire are on the scene and have closed the road between Branscombe Cross and Hangman Stone, Beer, due to the incident.
The spokeswoman said: “It is a single vehicle road traffic collision going from Branscombe to Beer, a elderly female driver is trapped in the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle ended up in a hedge.
“There were two occupants in the vehicle. Both have injuries. We are not sure how serious those are.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Fire engines from Colyon and Sidmouth were called to assist the female driver who was trapped inside.
A fire service spokesman said; “The casualty was medically trapped so the crews isolated the vehicle and used small tools to remove them. The casualty was then left in the care of paramedics.”
More to follow.