Empty Sidford shop to be men's barbers
ONE of Sidford s empty shops is to be transformed into a gent s barbering salon.
ONE of Sidford's empty shops is to be transformed into a gent's barbering salon.
Catherine Cochrane of Wiggaton, who took over Highlights hair salon in Sidford on Monday, is giving the salon, and the next door shop, a makeover and a new name - Lexy's, after her husband.
Men will have their own space and Catherine has kept the current three stylists from Highlights and will open longer.
She said: "The previous salon was not open every day. It didn't open Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons or Saturdays."
You may also want to watch:
Having taught hairdressing in Exmouth, and spending the past seven years abroad, Catherine says she is enjoying running her own salon.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth