Empty Sidford shop to be men's barbers
ONE of Sidford s empty shops is to be transformed into a gent s barbering salon.
ONE of Sidford's empty shops is to be transformed into a gent's barbering salon.
Catherine Cochrane of Wiggaton, who took over Highlights hair salon in Sidford on Monday, is giving the salon, and the next door shop, a makeover and a new name - Lexy's, after her husband.
Men will have their own space and Catherine has kept the current three stylists from Highlights and will open longer.
She said: "The previous salon was not open every day. It didn't open Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons or Saturdays."
You may also want to watch:
Having taught hairdressing in Exmouth, and spending the past seven years abroad, Catherine says she is enjoying running her own salon.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council