Empty Sidford shop to be men's barbers
ONE of Sidford s empty shops is to be transformed into a gent s barbering salon.
ONE of Sidford's empty shops is to be transformed into a gent's barbering salon.
Catherine Cochrane of Wiggaton, who took over Highlights hair salon in Sidford on Monday, is giving the salon, and the next door shop, a makeover and a new name - Lexy's, after her husband.
Men will have their own space and Catherine has kept the current three stylists from Highlights and will open longer.
She said: "The previous salon was not open every day. It didn't open Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons or Saturdays."
You may also want to watch:
Having taught hairdressing in Exmouth, and spending the past seven years abroad, Catherine says she is enjoying running her own salon.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal