End of the line for Sidmouth’s moustaches
It’s D-Day for Sidmouth’s moustachioed men as a month-long campaign to raise money and awareness of male cancers comes to an end.
The annual ‘Movember’ event, where chaps grow an upper-lip appendage for charity, finishes today, and local barber Phil Weaver is offering of a free-cutthroat shave to any hirsute residents who have completed the challenge.
Run by the Movember Foundation, the aim of the charity is ‘to change the face of male cancers’, by getting men around the world to grow moustaches during November, encouraging people to donate money to treatment and research and better understand the diseases involved.
Mr Weaver has arranged for a party at the Volunteer Inn this afternoon until 8pm to celebrate the achievements of the Sidmouth men who took part, and will shave off the carefully crafted ‘mo’ of anyone registered on uk.movember.com.
If you took part in Movember and helped raise money and awareness then we want to hear from you at the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
Send pictures and details of your moustache growing, and any events you held to celebrate a month of funky facial hair, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park