End of the line for Sidmouth’s moustaches
It’s D-Day for Sidmouth’s moustachioed men as a month-long campaign to raise money and awareness of male cancers comes to an end.
The annual ‘Movember’ event, where chaps grow an upper-lip appendage for charity, finishes today, and local barber Phil Weaver is offering of a free-cutthroat shave to any hirsute residents who have completed the challenge.
Run by the Movember Foundation, the aim of the charity is ‘to change the face of male cancers’, by getting men around the world to grow moustaches during November, encouraging people to donate money to treatment and research and better understand the diseases involved.
Mr Weaver has arranged for a party at the Volunteer Inn this afternoon until 8pm to celebrate the achievements of the Sidmouth men who took part, and will shave off the carefully crafted ‘mo’ of anyone registered on uk.movember.com.
If you took part in Movember and helped raise money and awareness then we want to hear from you at the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
Send pictures and details of your moustache growing, and any events you held to celebrate a month of funky facial hair, to email@example.com.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead