Energy quiz king
A SIDMOUTH council worker s flash of inspiration won him the top place in the EDDC s recent energy and water saving awareness quiz. Mr John Mahoney from Arcot Park, Sidmouth, who works in the EDDC s Housing Business Unit was crowned king of the quiz wit
A SIDMOUTH council worker's flash of inspiration won him the top place in the EDDC's recent energy and water saving awareness quiz.
Mr John Mahoney from Arcot Park, Sidmouth, who works in the EDDC's Housing Business Unit was crowned king of the quiz with eight out of ten answers correct.
The calibre of knowledge needed for the quiz was particularly high with questions such as- every day up to 70 million barrels of oil are pumped out of the ground. How much longer can we keep supplying this amount?
Mr Mahoney, for his excellent awareness of energy efficiency, was awarded a goody bag full of energy saving devices, which will give him the opportunity to put his knowledge into practice.
You may also want to watch:
The quiz was organised by Graham Symington, the Housing Asset and Business Development Officer who spoke about energy efficiency to the staff at their recent Tenant and Leaseholder Conference.
He said: "In the current climate, financially as well as environmentally, it is important to be aware of energy and water saving.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
"Everyone is becoming more aware of the types of things that need to be done to keep costs down - even just turning off lights as you leave the room will save a lot of energy over the period of a year."
The conference was set up by EDDC to discuss and promote energy saving ideas in community centres including Lymebourne Park, Trumps Court and Colin Tooze where audits have recently been carried out.
Test your own energy saving knowledge by taking part in our online quiz.