England goalie in town
ENGLAND and Bristol City goalkeeper David James was in Sidmouth on Sunday.
The celeb caused quite a stir during his 40-minute stop at Brown’s Bistro. He was in town to watch his wife take part in the Unite ByCycling ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity.
Chef Kevin Hill served him breakfast and got a picture on his phone. People did double takes as they walked past the window where David was sat, and he chatted and signed autographs.
Sue Turner, from the Fore Street eaterie, said it had been quite a quiet Sunday morning, and the last thing they had expected was a high profile footballer to come in.
She said: “Little boys saw him and their jaws dropped to the floor.
“People were stood across the street watching him.
“He was a genuinely nice guy, very tall. Everyone was excited that he was there, because it’s not every day you get a famous person in Sidmouth.”
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 3 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 4 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 5 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford