England goalie in town
ENGLAND and Bristol City goalkeeper David James was in Sidmouth on Sunday.
The celeb caused quite a stir during his 40-minute stop at Brown’s Bistro. He was in town to watch his wife take part in the Unite ByCycling ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity.
Chef Kevin Hill served him breakfast and got a picture on his phone. People did double takes as they walked past the window where David was sat, and he chatted and signed autographs.
Sue Turner, from the Fore Street eaterie, said it had been quite a quiet Sunday morning, and the last thing they had expected was a high profile footballer to come in.
She said: “Little boys saw him and their jaws dropped to the floor.
You may also want to watch:
“People were stood across the street watching him.
“He was a genuinely nice guy, very tall. Everyone was excited that he was there, because it’s not every day you get a famous person in Sidmouth.”
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 5 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 6 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award