England goalie in town
ENGLAND and Bristol City goalkeeper David James was in Sidmouth on Sunday.
The celeb caused quite a stir during his 40-minute stop at Brown’s Bistro. He was in town to watch his wife take part in the Unite ByCycling ride for the Prostate Cancer Charity.
Chef Kevin Hill served him breakfast and got a picture on his phone. People did double takes as they walked past the window where David was sat, and he chatted and signed autographs.
Sue Turner, from the Fore Street eaterie, said it had been quite a quiet Sunday morning, and the last thing they had expected was a high profile footballer to come in.
She said: “Little boys saw him and their jaws dropped to the floor.
You may also want to watch:
“People were stood across the street watching him.
“He was a genuinely nice guy, very tall. Everyone was excited that he was there, because it’s not every day you get a famous person in Sidmouth.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC