Ensemble to raise church funds
THE Isca Ensemble is all set for its gala charity concert at Sidmouth Parish Church tomorrow.
Under the direction of Roger Hendy, together with pianist Peter Adcock, the orchestra is returning to raise funds for the development of the church and the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The orchestra has been expanded for the evening entitled Classical Landscapes. The programme begins with Elgar’s Introduction and Allegro for Strings, which is widely accepted as one of the all-time masterpieces written for string orchestra and retains its rich English flavour.
This will be followed by Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto in C minor – a striking work which clearly outlines Beethoven’s creative path, confirming the creative genius of the composer.
The soloist will be Peter, who is regarded as one of the leading soloists in the South West.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is the glorious and elegant Italian Symphony by Felix Mendelssohn, a joyously rich piece full of Mediterranean orchestral colours.
The concert begins at 7.30 p.m. Tickets, including refreshments, are available now from Paragon Books, 38 High Street, Sidmouth, (01395) 514516 and some will be available on the door.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Mitch 'still committed' to £1 million Sidmouth restaurant plan