Ensemble to raise church funds
THE Isca Ensemble is all set for its gala charity concert at Sidmouth Parish Church tomorrow.
Under the direction of Roger Hendy, together with pianist Peter Adcock, the orchestra is returning to raise funds for the development of the church and the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The orchestra has been expanded for the evening entitled Classical Landscapes. The programme begins with Elgar’s Introduction and Allegro for Strings, which is widely accepted as one of the all-time masterpieces written for string orchestra and retains its rich English flavour.
This will be followed by Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto in C minor – a striking work which clearly outlines Beethoven’s creative path, confirming the creative genius of the composer.
The soloist will be Peter, who is regarded as one of the leading soloists in the South West.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is the glorious and elegant Italian Symphony by Felix Mendelssohn, a joyously rich piece full of Mediterranean orchestral colours.
The concert begins at 7.30 p.m. Tickets, including refreshments, are available now from Paragon Books, 38 High Street, Sidmouth, (01395) 514516 and some will be available on the door.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 6 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz