Ensemble to raise church funds
THE Isca Ensemble is all set for its gala charity concert at Sidmouth Parish Church tomorrow.
Under the direction of Roger Hendy, together with pianist Peter Adcock, the orchestra is returning to raise funds for the development of the church and the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The orchestra has been expanded for the evening entitled Classical Landscapes. The programme begins with Elgar’s Introduction and Allegro for Strings, which is widely accepted as one of the all-time masterpieces written for string orchestra and retains its rich English flavour.
This will be followed by Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto in C minor – a striking work which clearly outlines Beethoven’s creative path, confirming the creative genius of the composer.
The soloist will be Peter, who is regarded as one of the leading soloists in the South West.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is the glorious and elegant Italian Symphony by Felix Mendelssohn, a joyously rich piece full of Mediterranean orchestral colours.
The concert begins at 7.30 p.m. Tickets, including refreshments, are available now from Paragon Books, 38 High Street, Sidmouth, (01395) 514516 and some will be available on the door.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home