Ensemble to raise church funds
THE Isca Ensemble is all set for its gala charity concert at Sidmouth Parish Church tomorrow.
Under the direction of Roger Hendy, together with pianist Peter Adcock, the orchestra is returning to raise funds for the development of the church and the local branch of Macmillan Cancer Support.
The orchestra has been expanded for the evening entitled Classical Landscapes. The programme begins with Elgar’s Introduction and Allegro for Strings, which is widely accepted as one of the all-time masterpieces written for string orchestra and retains its rich English flavour.
This will be followed by Beethoven’s Third Piano Concerto in C minor – a striking work which clearly outlines Beethoven’s creative path, confirming the creative genius of the composer.
The soloist will be Peter, who is regarded as one of the leading soloists in the South West.
You may also want to watch:
The final work is the glorious and elegant Italian Symphony by Felix Mendelssohn, a joyously rich piece full of Mediterranean orchestral colours.
The concert begins at 7.30 p.m. Tickets, including refreshments, are available now from Paragon Books, 38 High Street, Sidmouth, (01395) 514516 and some will be available on the door.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman