Westcountry Equine Fair at Westpoint near Exeter
- Credit: WendySearle
Young riders compete in show jumping event at the fair
The Westcountry Equine Fair, featuring the Pony Club horse and hound show jumping challenge, takes place at Westpoint near Exeter next month.
Eight pony club teams from across the South West are taking part in the fast-paced competition, in which riders jump a course followed by runners and their dogs.
The Pony Club gives riders under 25 the chance to learn nine exciting disciplines, and the Equine Fair is an opportunity for them to perform in an arena in front of a large crowd.
Saturday’s competitors are Cotley Hunt, Eggesford, Taunton Vale Harriers and Tiverton Hunt. On Sunday, Four Burrow Hunt, Silverton Hunt, South Devon West and South Pool Pony Club are taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The event also features a shopping village with more than 200 companies offering products for horses and riders, and the BETA Equestrian Knowledge Zone, with Robocob the mechanical horse.
The Fair takes place on Saturday, December 1 and Sunday 2. 01392 421500.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights