Westcountry Equine Fair at Westpoint near Exeter
- Credit: WendySearle
Young riders compete in show jumping event at the fair
The Westcountry Equine Fair, featuring the Pony Club horse and hound show jumping challenge, takes place at Westpoint near Exeter next month.
Eight pony club teams from across the South West are taking part in the fast-paced competition, in which riders jump a course followed by runners and their dogs.
The Pony Club gives riders under 25 the chance to learn nine exciting disciplines, and the Equine Fair is an opportunity for them to perform in an arena in front of a large crowd.
Saturday’s competitors are Cotley Hunt, Eggesford, Taunton Vale Harriers and Tiverton Hunt. On Sunday, Four Burrow Hunt, Silverton Hunt, South Devon West and South Pool Pony Club are taking part.
You may also want to watch:
The event also features a shopping village with more than 200 companies offering products for horses and riders, and the BETA Equestrian Knowledge Zone, with Robocob the mechanical horse.
The Fair takes place on Saturday, December 1 and Sunday 2. 01392 421500.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners