Escot event to celebrate Fathers Day and help life-limited children.
THIS Fathers Day, on Sunday 21st June, Escot Park in Ottery St Mary, will be holding a Letterboxing Championship for families in the area looking for a day out with a difference.
THIS Fathers Day, on Sunday 21st June, Escot Park in Ottery St Mary, will be holding a Letterboxing Championship for families in the area looking for a day out with a difference!
Letterboxing has become a firm family favourite activity that is run throughout the year at Escot Park. With a list of riddles and clues, a map and a stamp sheet, visiting families will embark on finding the hidden stamps within the wetlands, woodlands and intricate maze and will receive their very own certificate at the end to mark their achievement! As an added incentive to take part, all profits from the event will be donated to local charity Children's Hospice South West!
Emma Puckey, Head of Fundraising at Children's Hospice South West's Little Bridge House in North Devon says:
"This Fathers Day, we are hoping that families will come along to Escot Park and support this fun event, knowing that they are also raising vital funds for Children's Hospice South West.
You may also want to watch:
At Children's Hospice South West we help and support children and their families who are living with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and we are the only organisation in the South West to provide this vital hospice care to these families. Some families come to us for palliative care, some for emergency care and many for planned respite and a rare opportunity for a break away.
But there's more to it than that. We provide a loving and caring place for every member of the families who stay with us. A place where everyone can begin to forget their worries for a while, be a family again and find expert help and support in facing an uncertain future.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
I'd like to thank Escot Park for supporting CHSW with this event and wish the families good luck with solving the riddles!"
Face-painters and a bouncy castle will add to the excitement of the day and for those dads out there, a special discount into the Aquatic Centre to celebrate Fathers Day!
For further details and to enrol your family team please contact Escot on 01404 822188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org