Escot Park to host Stroke Association’s Resolution Run
- Credit: Archant
Runners can take part in one of three distances around the Ottery St Mary park on Sunday, February 26.
Stroke Association is calling on all runners to pledge their support to raise funds for research.
Participants young and old are invited to sign up to the Resolution Run and take on either the 5k, 10k, or 15k distance.
The run will be held at Escot Park on Sunday, February 26, at 11am. The event is one of 31 runs taking place across the country.
Jen Griffiths, regional fundraiser for the charity, said: “At least half of strokes could be prevented if people made simple lifestyle changes, such as keeping blood pressure under control, eating healthily and taking regular exercise. The money raised through the Resolution Run in Escot Park will help the Stroke Association to fund vital research and support people affected by stroke in Devon.”
You may also want to watch:
The entry fee is £15 with all runners receiving a technical running t-shirt and medal.
For more information about entering or volunteering at the Resolution Run, visit www.stroke.org.uk/resolution, email email@example.com or call 0300 330 0740.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again