Escot reg is among top UK gamekeepers
AN ESCOT man has been named among the country s best gamekeepers.
AN ESCOT man has been named among the country's best gamekeepers.
Escot estate tenant and farmer, turned -gamekeeper, Reg Hawkins notched a 'highly commended' third place in the 2009 Farmers Weekly/CLA Game Fair Gamekeeper of the Year Award last week.
Reg, who grew up on the Escot estate after his father was tenant farmer there, spent the last year taking on wild boar, beavers, water voles, music festival revellers, and thousands of visitors at the attraction.
"Reg's attitude to livestock and wildlife is first class, he cares for his surroundings and is a true champion of the countryside," said Escot owner John-Michael Kennaway.
You may also want to watch:
Now a successful gamekeeper, Reg hasn't totally given up on farming and still keeps animals. He said: "My wife calls it play-farming.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 9 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary