Estate agent’s donation to voluntary services to be used for ‘lovely’ Christmas dinner
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Voluntary Services will use a large donation to provide a ‘lovely’ Christmas dinner for its clients.
Hall & Scott Estate Agents have a scheme whereby for every property instruction secured, £50 is donated to Sidmouth Voluntary Services.
This quarter the company has managed to raise £800 to give to the charity.
The service provides care and transport services to elderly residents and has been helping in the Sid Valley area for over 50 years.
It holds a lunch club on weekdays from 12pm to 1.30pm and says it will be using the donation to put on a special Christmas meal.
You may also want to watch:
Claire McHugh, manager of Sidmouth Voluntary Services, said: “We are so grateful for this extra money just before Christmas and will put it towards the Christmas lunch and some lovely new decorations.”
If you would like to know more about the charity, you can contact them on 01395 515063.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead