Euchre tournament raises funds for RNLI
- Credit: Archant
The Rising Sun at Sidford held its annual Mike Channing Memorial euchre tournament in aid of the RNLI.
Mike had always supported the RNLI and was inspired to remember the loss of life of the Penlee lifeboat crew in 1981.
The euchre evening was organised by Louis and Adam Squance, Mike’s son-in-law and grandson.
Winners were Mike Stone and Dave Morgan, who kindly donated their winnings to the fund.
A sausage and chips supper cooked by Jason the chef and sponsored by the Channing family made the evening an enjoyable, fun event.
You may also want to watch:
A generous donation to the raffle by Gerald Carnell, which was organised by Amy Squance, helped towards the grand total of £340.
Mention must also be made to Jill Sroka, who excelled herself selling raffle tickets.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
A fundraising cheque was presented to Ed Harrison.