Euchre tournament raises funds for RNLI
- Credit: Archant
The Rising Sun at Sidford held its annual Mike Channing Memorial euchre tournament in aid of the RNLI.
Mike had always supported the RNLI and was inspired to remember the loss of life of the Penlee lifeboat crew in 1981.
The euchre evening was organised by Louis and Adam Squance, Mike’s son-in-law and grandson.
Winners were Mike Stone and Dave Morgan, who kindly donated their winnings to the fund.
A sausage and chips supper cooked by Jason the chef and sponsored by the Channing family made the evening an enjoyable, fun event.
You may also want to watch:
A generous donation to the raffle by Gerald Carnell, which was organised by Amy Squance, helped towards the grand total of £340.
Mention must also be made to Jill Sroka, who excelled herself selling raffle tickets.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
A fundraising cheque was presented to Ed Harrison.