Exeter Airport plans on show in Sidmouth
THE EXETER Airport Draft Master Plan display, showing development plans until 2030, will be set up in the outer foyer at Knowle, Sidmouth, on Monday 1 September.
THE EXETER Airport Draft Master Plan display, showing development plans until 2030, will be set up in the outer foyer at Knowle, Sidmouth, on Monday 1 September and will remain in place for two weeks.
The unmanned display is part of a commitment by Exeter International Airport to actively seek out responses to the publication during the 12-week consultation period. The airport's customers, shareholders, stakeholders, employees and local residents may comment on the development ideas and these will be considered for the final Master Plan to be presented to the Department for Transport later this year.
The document details the airport's intention for phased growth to satisfy the region's level of demand for air travel and includes a commitment to have carbon neutral ground operations by 2015.
A Draft Master Plan summary document may be collected from the exhibition display or from the airport throughout the consultation period. Responses to the draft Master Plan are encouraged via a free mail return sheet at the back of the summary document or via the airport's website.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, EDDC's Portfolio Holder Communications, said: "EDDC is pleased to play a part in facilitating this exhibition in the interests of informing our residents and giving them an opportunity to comment.
"Clearly, this is the airport's display and visitors to Knowle will be able to pick up a summary document and complete the detachable comment sheet. Whilst we are providing space for the exhibition, our staff are not briefed on the detail of the proposals and will therefore not be able to deal with any questions. These should be directed to the airport in writing, by telephone or via their website".
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research