Exhibition entries available now
LOCAL artists can now pick up entry forms for next year’s Branscombe Art Exhibition.
This exhibition, to be held over the four days of Easter at Branscombe Village Hall, has proved highly successful and popular in the past, not only as a means for artists to exhibit and sell their work, but also to raise money for local charities.
Devon Air Ambulance, Branscombe Youth Club, Children’s Hospice South West, and Living with Cancer have all benefited from earlier exhibitions.
The bi-annual event has built a good reputation as a showcase for attractive works of art at affordable prices and is well supported by visitors and residents. It is anticipated that more than 100 artists will exhibit between 300 and 400 paintings and drawings, all of which will be for sale.
Individual artists may exhibit as many works as they wish for a �7 hanging fee. Twenty per cent of all the proceeds from sales is donated to charity.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms, to be returned by the end of January, are available from Graham and Hilary Walford-Howell on (01297) 680273.
- 1 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned