Exhibition on Sidmouth Beach Management Plan to be held in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A public exhibition showcasing the latest works on the Sidmouth Beach Management Plan (BMP) will take place next week.
The event will be held at Kennaway House between 1pm and 7pm next Thursday (April 19).
Those who attend will be given the opportunity to learn about the background of the outline design for the East Devon District Council scheme.
The drive aims to reduce the risk of flooding to Sidmouth by maintaining the standard of defences along the beach and to reduce the rate of erosion to the cliffs to the east of the town.
Royal HaskoningDHV will be on hand to answer questions and residents will also be asked for their views.
You may also want to watch:
Devon County Council will also be displaying information about the replacement Alma Bridge, in advance of submitting its planning application.
Councillor Tom Wright, BMP steering group’s chairman, said: “A lot of effort has gone into bringing forwards a scheme for Sidmouth and East Beach, so it would be great to see local people coming along to learn more about what the scheme could look like and to give us their views.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd