Explore our interactive map of food hygiene ratings across East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Scroll down to see our interactive map and table of more than 1,000 food hygiene ratings across East Devon.
Three businesses received a zero-star rating, 21 were awarded just one star and 20 got a two-star rating.
Some 142 businesses – which includes everything from restaurants and takeaways to catering vans and care homes – received a three-star food hygiene rating after being visited by East Devon District Council officers.
Across East Devon, 245 food providers scored four stars, while the vast majority, 662 businesses, were awarded the top, five-star classification.
The ratings system has an appeals process that businesses to request a re-visit when improvements have been made if they receive a poor score.
You may also want to watch:
New ratings are pending on many of those in East Devon.
According to the Food Standards Agency: “The food safety officer inspecting the business checks how well the business is meeting the law by looking at:
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
• how hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
• the condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
• how the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
“At the end of the inspection, the business is given a rating. Scoring a ‘five’ means that the business was found to have ‘very good’ hygiene standards.
“Any business should be able to reach this top rating.”
Explore our interactive map the table to see how your favourite places to eat performed.