Eyewitness shares account of crumbling Sidmouth cliffs
- Credit: APEX
Among the debris was a shed from a Cliff Road garden.
An eyewitness has recounted how he watched chunks of cliff come ‘plunging down’ this afternoon - which resulted in the loss of a shed from a cliff top garden.
David Maltby described seeing soil from the gardens of the houses above coming down the cliff earlier today (Tuesday).
He said: “Chunks of the cliff came plunging down.
“A lot of it was soil from the gardens of the houses above.
You may also want to watch:
“It keeps on happening especially when it rains heavily.
“I’m not sure what can be done about it - it’s just the forces of nature.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club