Sidmouth man celebrates five generations of his family tree
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth great-great grandfather is celebrating five generations of his family tree after meeting its newest addition for the first time.
Kenneth ‘Ken’ Trenchard, 94, met his great-great-grandson Leo Alfie, 94 days, this week.
Baby Leo was born in November 2017 to Ken’s great-grandaughter Kaleigh and her partner Shane.
The 94-year-old grew up in Axmouth and attended Colyton Grammar School before joining the RAF.
After leaving the air force he trained to become an accountant at a firm in Seaton ran by Carl Lentell - which is where he met his first wife Doreen, who was Carl’s daughter.
You may also want to watch:
The pair married and had two children, Priscilla and Paul. The couple were married until Doreen’s death in 1997. Ken married Marion aged 80 and the pair moved to Sidmouth.
His daughter-in-law Sue said: “It was very special all being together, he was very pleased and it was very sweet.”
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
She thanked the staff at Holmesley Care Home for their help organising the afternoon.