Entertainment for all the family at Thorn Park apple pressing day
- Credit: Contributed
Event includes food and drink, live music, children’s activities, vintage tractors and alpacas
An Apple Celebration and Pressing Day is to be held at the Thorn Park Golf Centre at Salcombe Regis.
This year’s event, on Sunday, October 14, will be much bigger than usual, with live music, cider and apple juice drinks, hot food, children’s activities and other entertainment.
There will also be the usual apple pressing service, using both a traditional screw press and a modern hydropress, for people to make juice from their own apples.
The food available will include pork and apple burgers, home-made apple cakes and fritters, and baked goods.
You may also want to watch:
Mulled cider, apple cocktails and smoothies will be on offer.
Among the attractions will be vintage tractors, the Gliddon’s steam traction engine, alpacas and music from the indie-folk band Velvet and Stone. Children can try apple bobbing, and make a bird feeder from an apple and sesame seeds.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
People can go along in Victorian dress if they want to.
Entry is free and the event begins at 2pm.