Entertainment for all the family at Thorn Park apple pressing day
- Credit: Contributed
Event includes food and drink, live music, children’s activities, vintage tractors and alpacas
An Apple Celebration and Pressing Day is to be held at the Thorn Park Golf Centre at Salcombe Regis.
This year’s event, on Sunday, October 14, will be much bigger than usual, with live music, cider and apple juice drinks, hot food, children’s activities and other entertainment.
There will also be the usual apple pressing service, using both a traditional screw press and a modern hydropress, for people to make juice from their own apples.
The food available will include pork and apple burgers, home-made apple cakes and fritters, and baked goods.
You may also want to watch:
Mulled cider, apple cocktails and smoothies will be on offer.
Among the attractions will be vintage tractors, the Gliddon’s steam traction engine, alpacas and music from the indie-folk band Velvet and Stone. Children can try apple bobbing, and make a bird feeder from an apple and sesame seeds.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 9 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
People can go along in Victorian dress if they want to.
Entry is free and the event begins at 2pm.