Family fun day to boost Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
A fayre with fun for the whole family will be held to raise money for Sidmouth Lifeboat.
Sidmouth WI will be holding its annual event at All Saints Church Hall, in All Saints Road, on Saturday, September 2 between 10am and 12.15pm.
There will be demonstrations on how to make wicker baskets and garden ornaments, homemade cakes, crafts and bric-a-brac galore.
As well as this there will also be a Tombola, a raffle and stalls selling nearly new items, books and plants.
Jane Horton, a Sidmouth WI committee member, said several hundreds of people turned up to their 2016 event so they hoped just as many visitors would support them this year.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It should be a lovely morning. We hope as many people as possible come along and support this worthy cause.
“We think a lot of people can identify with Sidmouth Lifeboat and what they do, all ages are associated with the sea here in Sidmouth.”
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown