Family fun day to boost Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
A fayre with fun for the whole family will be held to raise money for Sidmouth Lifeboat.
Sidmouth WI will be holding its annual event at All Saints Church Hall, in All Saints Road, on Saturday, September 2 between 10am and 12.15pm.
There will be demonstrations on how to make wicker baskets and garden ornaments, homemade cakes, crafts and bric-a-brac galore.
As well as this there will also be a Tombola, a raffle and stalls selling nearly new items, books and plants.
Jane Horton, a Sidmouth WI committee member, said several hundreds of people turned up to their 2016 event so they hoped just as many visitors would support them this year.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It should be a lovely morning. We hope as many people as possible come along and support this worthy cause.
“We think a lot of people can identify with Sidmouth Lifeboat and what they do, all ages are associated with the sea here in Sidmouth.”
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival