Family’s beach balancing act rocks!
- Credit: Archant
THIS beach balancing act proved to be a real crowd pleaser on Monday.
Sidmouth-born Andrew Harwood-White and his sons Samuel, 11, and Joshua, six, carefully placed scores of stones on rocks near the Millennium Walkway near Jacob’s Ladder.
Countless passers-by stopped to marvel at, and join in, their seemingly gravity defying antics.
The family, who live in Kingston upon Thames, were visiting Andrew’s parents Marjorie and Graham White of Newton Poppleford.
“I’ve never seen so many people stop for photographs,” said Marjorie.
“They think the stones are stuck on with superglue,” added Graham.
“It’s not difficult,” said Samuel, who has become a dab hand at the skill.
- 1 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Arrows flying straight in the Sidmouth Darts League
- 4 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 5 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 6 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 Rugby round-up from the East Devon region
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
Similar antics caught the imagination beachgoers last year.
People were so impressed they started leaving money – which the family will donate to Cancer Research UK.