Family’s beach balancing act rocks!
- Credit: Archant
THIS beach balancing act proved to be a real crowd pleaser on Monday.
Sidmouth-born Andrew Harwood-White and his sons Samuel, 11, and Joshua, six, carefully placed scores of stones on rocks near the Millennium Walkway near Jacob’s Ladder.
Countless passers-by stopped to marvel at, and join in, their seemingly gravity defying antics.
The family, who live in Kingston upon Thames, were visiting Andrew’s parents Marjorie and Graham White of Newton Poppleford.
“I’ve never seen so many people stop for photographs,” said Marjorie.
You may also want to watch:
“They think the stones are stuck on with superglue,” added Graham.
“It’s not difficult,” said Samuel, who has become a dab hand at the skill.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
Similar antics caught the imagination beachgoers last year.
People were so impressed they started leaving money – which the family will donate to Cancer Research UK.