Family’s eye-catching beach antics rock!
- Credit: Archant
What started as a bit of fun on Sidmouth beach turned into a quite a crowd puller for Andrew Harwood-White and his two sons.
Their first attempt at gravity-defying stone balancing, spread over two days, became a visitor attraction as people stopped along the walkway to watch and take photos, writes Kingsley Squire.
“We had no idea it would create such interest,” said Andrew’s mother, Marjorie. “They had never attempted stone balancing before. It started as a bit of fun and just grew and grew. In fact, Andrew got so obsessed it was hard to get him away.”
Andrew, a professional musician who recently recorded with Paul McCartney at the Beatle-famed Abbey Road studios in London, was staying with his parents in Newton Poppleford with his opera singer wife, Michaela, and sons Sam and Joshua.
Stone balancing is defined as an art discipline that can be mesmerizing, puzzling and awe-inspired.
You may also want to watch:
The family’s spectator ‘performance’ on Sidmouth beach is one, as Michaela’s photo shows, they will never forget.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project