Family’s eye-catching beach antics rock!
- Credit: Archant
What started as a bit of fun on Sidmouth beach turned into a quite a crowd puller for Andrew Harwood-White and his two sons.
Their first attempt at gravity-defying stone balancing, spread over two days, became a visitor attraction as people stopped along the walkway to watch and take photos, writes Kingsley Squire.
“We had no idea it would create such interest,” said Andrew’s mother, Marjorie. “They had never attempted stone balancing before. It started as a bit of fun and just grew and grew. In fact, Andrew got so obsessed it was hard to get him away.”
Andrew, a professional musician who recently recorded with Paul McCartney at the Beatle-famed Abbey Road studios in London, was staying with his parents in Newton Poppleford with his opera singer wife, Michaela, and sons Sam and Joshua.
Stone balancing is defined as an art discipline that can be mesmerizing, puzzling and awe-inspired.
You may also want to watch:
The family’s spectator ‘performance’ on Sidmouth beach is one, as Michaela’s photo shows, they will never forget.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 9 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses