Family’s eye-catching beach antics rock!
- Credit: Archant
What started as a bit of fun on Sidmouth beach turned into a quite a crowd puller for Andrew Harwood-White and his two sons.
Their first attempt at gravity-defying stone balancing, spread over two days, became a visitor attraction as people stopped along the walkway to watch and take photos, writes Kingsley Squire.
“We had no idea it would create such interest,” said Andrew’s mother, Marjorie. “They had never attempted stone balancing before. It started as a bit of fun and just grew and grew. In fact, Andrew got so obsessed it was hard to get him away.”
Andrew, a professional musician who recently recorded with Paul McCartney at the Beatle-famed Abbey Road studios in London, was staying with his parents in Newton Poppleford with his opera singer wife, Michaela, and sons Sam and Joshua.
Stone balancing is defined as an art discipline that can be mesmerizing, puzzling and awe-inspired.
You may also want to watch:
The family’s spectator ‘performance’ on Sidmouth beach is one, as Michaela’s photo shows, they will never forget.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat