Family’s lasting tribute to popular Ottery businesswoman
- Credit: Chris Abbott
The family of a popular Ottery businesswoman has planted a lasting tribute in the centre of the town she loved.
A tree dedicated in memory of Vivienne Abbott was planted on Sunday outside the library, next to the planter in honour of her late husband Tony.
Vivienne died in August 2017 after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had served as the town’s chamber of commerce chairman for many years.
Members of her family including her three children – Chris, Jeff and Marie – along with her grandchildren, siblings, nieces and nephews all gathered as the tree was put into place.
Chris said: “It is also very fitting that it is next to the planter that is in memory of our dad who also died of cancer in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a very fitting and lasting tribute, as they both worked extremely hard for the good of the town.
“It is comforting to know that people haven’t forgotten her.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity