Well-known artist Amanda Hyatt travels from Australia to tutor Sidmouth group
- Credit: Contributed
Amanda Hyatt has been sharing her skills with the East Devon Art Academy
A well-known artist from Australia has been in Sidmouth sharing her techniques with the East Devon Art Academy.
Amanda Hyatt had never visited the town before, but loved Sidmouth so much that she has already agreed to return for another week-long workshop next year.
She spent the last week of August demonstrating her mastery of watercolour painting to a group of 14 students, some of whom had come from as far away as York and Ireland to learn from her.
“Everyone was surprised that I managed to get her to come to Sidmouth,” said Cathy Osbond, the director of the EDAA. “I just asked her nicely! We’re very lucky that she’s agreed to do this, it’s a real coup.
You may also want to watch:
“Amanda is a fantastic teacher as well as a wonderful watercolour artist.”
The group spent two days being tutored by Amanda in the studio, and then went out to paint outdoor scenes, including Jacob’s Ladder.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge