Farewell to long-serving Sid Vale Association members
Scout girls tell AGM of Swedish adventure
MORE than 70 Sid Vale Association (SVA) members attended the civic society’s annual general meeting at the Manor Pavilion Theatre last Wednesday, April 25.
Long-serving members were thanked for decades of service as they stepped down.
Denzil Taylor, president, who served in key roles for 30 years, Sheila Luxton, who served on the SVA executive for 40 years, and Lesley Acarnley, who helped the footpaths committee for more than 20 years, were all awarded gifts by chairman Alan Darrant.
Guest speakers were scouts Alice Tilly and Sarah Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The girls were boosted by the SVA’s Keith Owen Fund so they could attend a scout jamboree in Sweden last year.
Alice and Sarah reported back on their experience.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 8 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
Mr Darrant said the SVA is always pleased to hear from members who would like to get involved on a practical level.
He also suggested that a history society could be started to research the history of Sidmouth - possibly leading to the publication of a range of books and pamphlets.
Anyone interested in participating can contact Mr Darrant on 01395 519848.
To join the SVA, contact membership secretary, Andrew Scott, on 01395 519797 or visit www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.