Farewell to long-serving Sid Vale Association members
Scout girls tell AGM of Swedish adventure
MORE than 70 Sid Vale Association (SVA) members attended the civic society’s annual general meeting at the Manor Pavilion Theatre last Wednesday, April 25.
Long-serving members were thanked for decades of service as they stepped down.
Denzil Taylor, president, who served in key roles for 30 years, Sheila Luxton, who served on the SVA executive for 40 years, and Lesley Acarnley, who helped the footpaths committee for more than 20 years, were all awarded gifts by chairman Alan Darrant.
Guest speakers were scouts Alice Tilly and Sarah Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The girls were boosted by the SVA’s Keith Owen Fund so they could attend a scout jamboree in Sweden last year.
Alice and Sarah reported back on their experience.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Peninsula League season could be over
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Mr Darrant said the SVA is always pleased to hear from members who would like to get involved on a practical level.
He also suggested that a history society could be started to research the history of Sidmouth - possibly leading to the publication of a range of books and pamphlets.
Anyone interested in participating can contact Mr Darrant on 01395 519848.
To join the SVA, contact membership secretary, Andrew Scott, on 01395 519797 or visit www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.