Iconic fashion artist’s work on display in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An event showcasing 30 dresses throughout six decades of work by fashion artist Zandra Rhodes is coming to Sidmouth.
On Thursday November 15, Claire Branfield will guide you through Zandra’s glamours career and collection at Sidmouth Harbour Hotel.
Starting at 2pm, the event will be followed by cream teas in the Upper Deck Restaurant accompanied by panoramic views of Lyme Bay.
A pioneer of using printed textiles, Zandra opened her first fashion shop in 1967 and her previous clients include Diana, Princess of Wales as well as Freddie Mercury and Brian May of rock band Queen.
She was made a dame in the 2014 Birthday Honours List for her services to British fashion and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £15 in advance or £18 on the day and can be purchased via Gill Freeman at email@example.com or call Sidmouth Harbour Hotel reception on 01395 513252.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman