Iconic fashion artist’s work on display in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An event showcasing 30 dresses throughout six decades of work by fashion artist Zandra Rhodes is coming to Sidmouth.
On Thursday November 15, Claire Branfield will guide you through Zandra’s glamours career and collection at Sidmouth Harbour Hotel.
Starting at 2pm, the event will be followed by cream teas in the Upper Deck Restaurant accompanied by panoramic views of Lyme Bay.
A pioneer of using printed textiles, Zandra opened her first fashion shop in 1967 and her previous clients include Diana, Princess of Wales as well as Freddie Mercury and Brian May of rock band Queen.
She was made a dame in the 2014 Birthday Honours List for her services to British fashion and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £15 in advance or £18 on the day and can be purchased via Gill Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sidmouth Harbour Hotel reception on 01395 513252.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book