Fashion show for Sidmouth hospital comforts fund and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Sidmouth Victoria Hospital is raising money for its comforts fund with a fashion show at Stowford Community Centre at 7pm tonight. Read this and more.
COMFORT FASHION: Sidmouth Victoria Hospital is raising money for its comforts fund with a fashion show at Stowford Community Centre at 7pm tonight (Friday, July 12).
Hilary Bevis from Good as New in Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary will lead the evening.
Tickets (£7) include a glass of wine and are available from Paragon Books.
Comforts fund member Jenny Brewer thanks Harrison-Lavers and Potbury’s for sponsoring the event.
ROCK AT CLUB: Rock and roll band Kiss the Rod are playing in Sidmouth Sailing Club next Friday (July 19) from 8pm.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 6 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 7 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 8 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Programme of concerts set to delight classical-music lovers
Tickets (£6) are available from Gill Smith on 01395 516529.
The event is raising money for Sid Vale Community Productions.
EXTENSION ‘OK’: Plans to build a single and two-storey side extension at 15 Manstone Mead, Sidmouth, have been recommended for approval by district council officers.
A decision on the proposals will be made by the authority’s development management committee when it meets at Knowle on Tuesday.