Fashion show raises grand total
A SIDMOUTH fashion show has raised �1,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Yvonne Price, of clothes shop Chapter, Church Street, organised the sell-out event at Sidmouth Golf Club on Tuesday evening.
It was attended by 80 women, and showcased the autumn/winter collections available at Chapter, such as the new lines Pause Caf� and Mado et les Autres. Accessories including Barbara Easton jewellery and handbags also featured.
Eight models strutted their stuff, and visitors enjoyed a glass of bubbly on arrival and a buffet during the interval.
Yvonne has been running such shows for four years.
You may also want to watch:
“We all know someone who has used Macmillan’s support service, and this is a nice way to raise money for it,” she said. “We normally hold the show at someone’s house and had to turn people away in the past, so decided to hold it in a larger venue this time. Even then, we still had people hoping to come after all the tickets had gone.”
Sidmouth Macmillan committee member Gill Munro was compere, and chairman Joyce Burnham presented her predecessor Tricia Heard with the Adlam Cup, in recognition of her charitable work.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
Joyce said: “As they left, everyone said what a fantastic evening they’d had, there wasn’t one negative response.”