Fatal collision near Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed one man is dead following single vehicle incident last night (Thursday)
A man has died following a collision near Ottery St Mary last night (Thursday).
Police and ambulance crews were alerted to the incident at the Daisymount roundabout on the A30 at about 6.30pm yesterday.
A force spokesman confirmed a white Nissan Kubistar van travelling from Ottery St Mary was involved in the single vehicle collision.
Police say the driver – thought to be a man in his fifties from the Exeter area - sustained fatal injuries and was declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for South Western Ambulance Service confirmed an air ambulance and first respondent were sent to the scene.
Fire crews were also in attendance.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
The road was closed and was reopened shortly before midnight.
Police are still attempting to locate the next of kin.
If anyone was in the area and has any information about this incident please contact police via email@example.com and quote log 778 of June 16, 2016.