Fatal collision near Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed one man is dead following single vehicle incident last night (Thursday)
A man has died following a collision near Ottery St Mary last night (Thursday).
Police and ambulance crews were alerted to the incident at the Daisymount roundabout on the A30 at about 6.30pm yesterday.
A force spokesman confirmed a white Nissan Kubistar van travelling from Ottery St Mary was involved in the single vehicle collision.
Police say the driver – thought to be a man in his fifties from the Exeter area - sustained fatal injuries and was declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for South Western Ambulance Service confirmed an air ambulance and first respondent were sent to the scene.
Fire crews were also in attendance.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
The road was closed and was reopened shortly before midnight.
Police are still attempting to locate the next of kin.
If anyone was in the area and has any information about this incident please contact police via firstname.lastname@example.org and quote log 778 of June 16, 2016.