Fatal crash at Feniton
- Credit: Archant
Police investigation underway.
A woman has died after sustaining serious injuries following a road traffic collision at Feniton.
The incident occurred at around 9.39pm on Thursday, April 18, on an unclassified road on the approaches to the village of Feniton and involved two vehicles.
The two vehicles involved were travelling in opposite directions.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “One of the vehicles, a Renault Megane, appears to have lost control and collided with the other, a Fiat Punto.
You may also want to watch:
“A woman front seat passenger of the Renault vehicle, sustained serious injuries and was taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where she later died.
“The male driver of the Renault Megane was also conveyed to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where he remains receiving treatment.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Officers from the serious collision investigation unit attended the incident and investigations continue.
The road was re-opened at 6.30am this morning (Friday).