Father and daughter duo to hold art exhibit at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Father and daughter duo Sandy and Emma Macfadyen will be exhibiting their artwork together at Kennaway House from November 16 to 23.
Mr Macfadyen paints local landscapes in pastels and oils, including views inspired by the stunning coastline bordering the farm where he lives. He has taken part in the Devon Open Studios event for many years.
His daughter paints animal portraits to commission in oils and pastels and also makes sculptures of animals in bronze, casting many of her own pieces.
She has exhibited paintings and sculpture at The Mall Galleries in London and the National Horse Racing Museum in Newmarket with the Society of Equestrian Artists as well as local galleries in Devon.
Recently she has become interested in ceramics inspired by the majolica pottery of Italy, Spain and Portugal and has been producing ceramic bowls glazed with designs inspired by nature.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This is going to be a lovely event before Christmas with a variety of work which my father and I have been putting together over the past year."
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders