Fenny Bridges murder accused appears in court
- Credit: Archant
Charles Broom was remanded in custody and will next appear in court in March next year for a plea and case management hearing.
A Honiton man has appeared before a judge charged with murdering a pensioner whose body was found in a 4x4 car in a field in Devon.
Charles Broom, 61, of Millhead Road, is charged with the murder of 71-year-old Hilda Oakland on Wednesday, December 2.
Her body was found in a vehicle in a field off the A30 at Fenny Bridges near Honiton.
Broom was not arraigned when he appeared before Judge Francis Gilbert QC at Exeter Crown Court via video link from Exeter Prison.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody. He will next appear in court in March next year for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98