Sidmouth Town Band to play at Festival of Remembrance at Sidmouth Parish Church
- Credit: Kyle Baker
Band will be joined by folk singer/songwriter Chris Hoban for an evening commemorating the centenery of the First World War
The Sidmouth Town Band are preparing for a Festival of Remembrance concert later this month.
The event will commemorate the centenary of World War One and will be a look back at the past 100 years.
It will pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the conflict, and remember the men and women who served, made personal sacrifices, and helped to shape the world as it is today.
The band will be joined by one of the South West’s best folk songwriters, Chris Hoban.
You may also want to watch:
He performed during Sidmouth FolkWeek and often appears with the internationally-renowned Show of Hands, as well as many others of the top musicians in the genre.
The Festival of Remembrance takes place at Sidmouth Parish Church, on Saturday, October 27, at 7.30pm. Tickets are available in advance from Pure Indulgence in Fore Street, for £7.50, and are expected to sell quickly. All proceeds will go to the Royal British Legion.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat