Sidmouth Town Band to play at Festival of Remembrance at Sidmouth Parish Church
- Credit: Kyle Baker
Band will be joined by folk singer/songwriter Chris Hoban for an evening commemorating the centenery of the First World War
The Sidmouth Town Band are preparing for a Festival of Remembrance concert later this month.
The event will commemorate the centenary of World War One and will be a look back at the past 100 years.
It will pay tribute to those who lost their lives in the conflict, and remember the men and women who served, made personal sacrifices, and helped to shape the world as it is today.
The band will be joined by one of the South West’s best folk songwriters, Chris Hoban.
You may also want to watch:
He performed during Sidmouth FolkWeek and often appears with the internationally-renowned Show of Hands, as well as many others of the top musicians in the genre.
The Festival of Remembrance takes place at Sidmouth Parish Church, on Saturday, October 27, at 7.30pm. Tickets are available in advance from Pure Indulgence in Fore Street, for £7.50, and are expected to sell quickly. All proceeds will go to the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences