Festival set to serve up a fun feast in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Fine local fair, a father-daughter cook-off and a treasure hunt are all on the menu for this year’s Ottery Food and Families Festival.
As organisers and sponsors gathered to celebrate the launch of the event and its new website on Wednesday, there was still uncertainty over exactly where it will take place.
A bid to pedestrianise Broad Street and host part of the festival in the town’s former market square is still being decided by Devon County Council amid fears it will interfere with bus routes.
Festival organiser Ruud Jansen Venneboer, of Mazzard Farm, believes extending the event to Broad Street will bring people into the town and boost local businesses.
“I am still 50 per cent confident that we will be able to go ahead with the plan,” said Ruud.
You may also want to watch:
He added that it is exciting to have a dedicated website for the festival this year and he is delighted to have the support of local businesses, including main sponsors Otter Nurseries and Otter Brewery.
There will be plenty for festival-goers of all ages, including a bake-off, cupcake decorating and a food-themed treasure hunt around the town.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
Treasurer Jan Beddall said: “This festival appeals to the general public in the widest sense.”
For more information about the festival, go to www.otteryfood.org