Fields fundraising off to a flyer in Sidmouth
Store nets �200 for Children’s Hospice South West
FIELDS of Sidmouth’s fundraising year has got off to a flying start after a host of activities netted �200 for Children’s Hospice South West.
Staff at the town-centre store donated more than 50 prizes and raised �101 as part of an employee raffle to boost their charity of the year.
Coffee shop worker Jenny Callaghan made an extra Easter simnel cake so customers could guess the weight.
For a modest donation, 84 people had a go, but only one person was spot on with 3lbs. Winner, a Mr M Smith from Sidmouth, is pictured receiving his prize with Jenny.
You may also want to watch:
“In these continuing difficult economic times, it is very pleasing that people are able to spare the odd pound or two for worthwhile charities,” said Claire Jenkins, Fields’ promotions manager.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future