Fields fundraising off to a flyer in Sidmouth
Store nets �200 for Children’s Hospice South West
FIELDS of Sidmouth’s fundraising year has got off to a flying start after a host of activities netted �200 for Children’s Hospice South West.
Staff at the town-centre store donated more than 50 prizes and raised �101 as part of an employee raffle to boost their charity of the year.
Coffee shop worker Jenny Callaghan made an extra Easter simnel cake so customers could guess the weight.
For a modest donation, 84 people had a go, but only one person was spot on with 3lbs. Winner, a Mr M Smith from Sidmouth, is pictured receiving his prize with Jenny.
You may also want to watch:
“In these continuing difficult economic times, it is very pleasing that people are able to spare the odd pound or two for worthwhile charities,” said Claire Jenkins, Fields’ promotions manager.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect