Fields fundraising off to a flyer in Sidmouth
Store nets �200 for Children’s Hospice South West
FIELDS of Sidmouth’s fundraising year has got off to a flying start after a host of activities netted �200 for Children’s Hospice South West.
Staff at the town-centre store donated more than 50 prizes and raised �101 as part of an employee raffle to boost their charity of the year.
Coffee shop worker Jenny Callaghan made an extra Easter simnel cake so customers could guess the weight.
For a modest donation, 84 people had a go, but only one person was spot on with 3lbs. Winner, a Mr M Smith from Sidmouth, is pictured receiving his prize with Jenny.
You may also want to watch:
“In these continuing difficult economic times, it is very pleasing that people are able to spare the odd pound or two for worthwhile charities,” said Claire Jenkins, Fields’ promotions manager.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book