Fields fundraising off to a flyer in Sidmouth
Store nets �200 for Children’s Hospice South West
FIELDS of Sidmouth’s fundraising year has got off to a flying start after a host of activities netted �200 for Children’s Hospice South West.
Staff at the town-centre store donated more than 50 prizes and raised �101 as part of an employee raffle to boost their charity of the year.
Coffee shop worker Jenny Callaghan made an extra Easter simnel cake so customers could guess the weight.
For a modest donation, 84 people had a go, but only one person was spot on with 3lbs. Winner, a Mr M Smith from Sidmouth, is pictured receiving his prize with Jenny.
You may also want to watch:
“In these continuing difficult economic times, it is very pleasing that people are able to spare the odd pound or two for worthwhile charities,” said Claire Jenkins, Fields’ promotions manager.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 8 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit