Fifth callout this month for Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Lifeboat launched for the fifth time this month after reports that three people were trapped by the tide beyond a recent rock fall today (Monday).
Crews set out at 3.08pm but there was confusion from the first informant over which beach the trio were on.
Once the lifeboat identified them on Jacob’s Ladder beach, the Beer and Sidmouth coastguard teams were able to establish that no further assistance was required, as they had climbed back over the rocks.
While the boat crews were out, the shore crew dealt with an incident involving two male swimmers.
One had got into trouble and had been washed dangerously close to the rocks.
You may also want to watch:
The crew were able to assist the casualty and help him across the rocks to safety.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council