Fifth callout this month for Sidmouth Lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Lifeboat launched for the fifth time this month after reports that three people were trapped by the tide beyond a recent rock fall today (Monday).
Crews set out at 3.08pm but there was confusion from the first informant over which beach the trio were on.
Once the lifeboat identified them on Jacob’s Ladder beach, the Beer and Sidmouth coastguard teams were able to establish that no further assistance was required, as they had climbed back over the rocks.
While the boat crews were out, the shore crew dealt with an incident involving two male swimmers.
One had got into trouble and had been washed dangerously close to the rocks.
You may also want to watch:
The crew were able to assist the casualty and help him across the rocks to safety.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal