Fifth time as Sidmouth Lion president for Ian
Ian is new Lion’s Club president for Sidmouth
FOR the fifth time, Ian Skinner has become president of the Lions Club of Sidmouth.
At a Lions Club supper last Saturday, Ian (pictured left) received the chain of office from outgoing president Roger Keylock, who held the post for two years.
The first time Ian served as president of the club was in 1992/3.
One of his main objectives for the year is to recruit, by invitation, new members and asks Sidmouth Herald readers: “Have you reached the stage in your life where you would like to put something back into your community?
You may also want to watch:
“If your answer is YES, maybe now is the time to consider joining your local Lions Club!”
If you would like to know more about Lions activities, call Ian on (01395) 512923 or speak to a Lion in the gazebo at the start or finishing points of the Lions’ Great Duck Derby in The Byes on Sunday, July 18.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
The duck races start from the Sid Park Road bridge at 2.45pm and 3.00pm but at 2.15pm there will be Duck and Spoon races for young children, as well as Mums and Dads races, on the grass adjacent to the bridge.
Tickets for the yellow duck race are �1 each and on sale from Lions stationed outside the Co-op from 10am to 5pm July 7-9 and 14-16, and at Lidl’s on Saturday, July 10, 10am to 5pm.